Moving to another state is a big step and it is very challenging. Living in Nevada and living in California is similar, but not the same. Considering moving from Las Vegas to Los Angeles require preparation and organization. To prepare like a pro for this upcoming relocation, you will need to explore. What is it like living in LA, what this city has to offer, and how to embrace a new lifestyle?Read More
The moving is over and the moving boxes are all around your new house. How to get rid of them? Be eco-friendly and reuse moving cardboard boxes and don’t throw them away.
We have some simple ideas on what to do with the boxes after moving is finished. Packing was one part of the process and you have packed everything, including preparing a first night box for your interstate move. After unpacking, be creative and use boxes again.
How to reuse moving cardboard boxes?
Once you have moved it is time to clean a new house and to find smart ways to use your boxes again. Be creative!
- Wrap cardboard boxes with decorative paper and use them to put gifts for your friends and family. If holidays are close, it may be a perfect way to reuse moving cardboard boxes.
- Also, wrapped boxes can be used as storage in your home. Cover them in fabric and they can be used as a decoration too. Moving boxes covered with fabric will give your home a cozy look.
- Put boxes in the garage or basement and store decorations, shoes, off-season clothing, old kids’ toys, etc.
- If you have a cat, you can make a bed for your cat and decorate it. Be extravagant and bold with decorating the cat’s bed.
- Cut cardboard and make a flower, and in the center, you can add a mirror for example. It can be used as a frame around mirrors and photos.
- Make toys for your kids, for example, a small kitchen stove. They will be happy about new toys, especially after moving to a new home.
If you don’t want to make anything from your boxes, there are other options too:
- Most cities have a local recycling program which is perfect for people that have a lot of cardboard boxes.
- Ask neighbors if they need moving boxes.
- Some moving companies are buying used moving boxes, ask around, and contact a couple of companies and sell them.
- Contact libraries, charity organizations, food banks, churches, etc. maybe they need boxes. Those community organizations often need boxes, so help them out.
Store them in a storage unit
If you don’t have time to deal with moving boxes, but you still want to keep them, you can rent a storage unit and you won’t make clutter in your home. Pack and organize your storage unit and consider storing other items than just moving boxes.
This way, you will be able to reuse moving cardboard boxes later, or if you are moving frequently, there is no question you will need them again. Choose the right size storage unit (because bigger storages cost more) and your home will have more space.
Do you need to move from state to state fast and without stress? Is it possible? It is – even when you need to move across the country – from Nevada to New York.
After making a decision if you should move to New York from NV, and deciding to move there, it is time to start with packing and organizing your relocation. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, you can still manage relocation and move successfully. Don’t worry, you only need the right guide to follow.
Tips for moving from Nevada to New York fast and simple
With some simple tricks, you will be able to move hassle-free on short notice. Even if you are moving with family across the country, it is possible to handle this long-distance relocation.
- Take inventory of your belongings and identify how much stuff you will need to take with you to NY. Don’t move everything, separate items into 3 categories, what to move, toss, and donate. When moving from Nevada to New York on short notice, you probably won’t have time to sell items.
- Start looking for apartments in NY, they are not cheap and when you find something you like, book it immediately, because it won’t stay on the market for a long period of time.
- Start packing ASAP because this will take you most of the time when moving. Don’t think a lot, just pack and ask for help to finish it faster.
- Set up utilities before a moving date – electricity, water, wi-fi, install AC, etc. It is frustrating to move into a dark and cold place after traveling all day.
- Change your mailing address, it can be easily done online. Also, cancel subscriptions if you have them.
Hire a long-distance moving company
For moving interstate, in this case to NY from NV, hire crews that can easily transport everything – from clothing to furniture. Start searching for movers immediately, especially if you are moving during the summer months. Book a reliable moving company with experience and of course, check their license before hiring them. This is one of the most important tasks to do when moving from one state to another.
Consider renting a storage unit in NY
In most cases, when people are moving quickly to another state, there is not enough time to find a place. Yes, you can stay a couple of days in B&B or in a hotel, but, where to put all your items? Don’t worry, your belongings will be safe in a storage unit, so consider renting a storage facility, big enough for all your household items.
Another advantage is that you can store items that cannot fit into your new apartment. Off-season items, decorations, bigger furniture, etc. They can all be safely stored in a self-storage in New York, and also, it is a cheaper option than renting a bigger home.
When moving state to state, there are many things to have in mind. One of those things is preparing for the first night in your new home. It will be an exciting and emotional experience. How to prepare a first night box for your interstate move and why this box is so important?
A box that will be opened first on a moving day and right after moving is called an essential moving box. Yes, it will be opened first, but it should be packed last.
Tips for preparing a first night box for your interstate move
Moving from one state to another is a long process and you probably want to move as fast as you can. Nothing is more relaxing than resting in your new home after the moving is done. But, what if you need to look for essential items for hours? This may drive you crazy. After a long and stressful moving day, you will want to take a shower, eat, and go to bed.
That is exactly why, a first night box is so important, especially if you are moving with kids. In this case, you will need to unpack their items first. It will be easier and faster if you have all those items in the same box.
Of course, because this is a first night box, pack items that will help you sleep tight.
- Pack bedding and linen
- Air mattress
- Night lamp
Nothing is more relaxing than taking a shower after traveling all day long, so pack toiletries in this box too.
- Tooth brush and paste
- Soap, shampoo, shower gel, conditioner
You must eat something, so prepare food and some kitchen essentials.
- Non-perishable food, because you will be too tired to cook everything from scratch and it is not recommended to move perishable food long-distance
- Plastic plates, cups, knife, forks, spoons.
Be prepared for a couple of days after moving when it comes to personal items, not only for the first night.
- Electronics such as phone, tablet, PC, chargers
Because it is better to be safe than sorry… The first thing to take care of is to make sure you are safe when moving interstate. You should look for trustworthy assistance but also, take some additional steps to be safer.
- First aid kit
- Scissors for box opening
If moving with kids
In case you have kids, besides items, we have listed previously, you should pack toys, some games, baby food, one new toy, books for entertainment, and other items to keep your kids happy and calm when moving cross country.
Maybe you will open your first night box for your interstate move during moving, but it is ok. Keep those items in your vehicle or in your bag if you are traveling by plane, and your kids will be satisfied.
Finances are one of the biggest concerns when moving to a new home. Housing is the most expensive factor to pay, but it is necessary. If you have struggled to afford your rent payment, you are not the only one, especially not in more expensive cities such as Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco, etc. Rent is getting higher every year and wages are pretty much the same. But, luckily for you and other people who can’t afford rent, there are affordable housing options.
Affordable housing programs
The government has programs that helps elder people, disabled and low-income renters so they can rent a home at an affordable price. If you are considering buying a house in Las Vegas or renting, but you are not financially stable, research other options. Two main programs are Section 8 and Section 42. Research both of them and try to apply, you have nothing to lose.
Section 8 is a kind of a voucher program that allows participants to search for their own housing. You will get a subsidy to help pay for rent but you need to pay up to 30%.
- You can choose a house you like, wherever you want, but they must be safe. The PHA will inspect the property.
- Only US citizens and people that have eligible immigration status are eligible for this affordable housing program.
- You need to have certain incomes to be part of this program (national incomes don’t count).
- Local Public Housing Agency must reserve a minimum of 75% of Section 8 vouchers to people who do not earn income exceeding 30% of the area’s median income.
Section 42 is a credit program for home builders. You need to be part of some communities and in exchange, you will get a federal tax credit (a low-income credit).
- You can choose from properties that are financed under Section 42. So, first, research those areas and consider moving to one of them. Organize your moving budget and more to a more affordable place.
- The limit for earning is 60 percent of the area’s median income, but limits vary by county and state.
- To apply for this program, you need to provide income information, credit, criminal history, etc.
- You can only live in one of the houses that are under section 42, which is different from section 8.
Choosing affordable places to live
To have affordable housing, you should move to cheaper places. Avoid big cities and consider smaller towns and communities. Organize the relocation, cut moving costs, sell items you don’t need, and start a new life with less financial problems. Research those government programs and you may apply for one of them if you are eligible and if you meet all the requirements.
No matter why you are moving to another place, there are a lot of things to consider. First of all, you have to know how to prepare for moving properly. The next thing is defining your moving budget, finding a company that will help you, selecting the belongings, etc. Speaking about the belongings and keeping them in one place, you should think about using the moving pod. The trick is only to find out what size of moving pod you need. By knowing it, you will not need to worry about your goods and if they are going to be transported properly or not. So, how to define the exact size you will need? Read More
Moving after retirement is an option for most people because of many reasons. Moving to a smaller home, warmer cities, being closer to family, etc. Moving as a senior is harder than moving as a young person, carrying and packing items is for some seniors impossible and very dangerous. This is why we have Las Vegas relocation guide for seniors to make your relocation easier and safer. Read More
Moving to a new house is a dream that most people are looking to achieve. If you have done it, congratulations on that! Finally, you will enjoy in your new house and you can feel relaxed. Still, it is a good idea to make your house even more comfortable. We are talking about household repairs after the move. Like when you need to organize your moving budget, this improvement will require some investment. On the other hand, it is possible to have an affordable price for your budget. In this article, we are going to present you with a list of tips that can help you to do repairs. Read More
When young people finish college their time of life begins. Suddenly, they have to find a job and they have to pay their own bills. And at that time, many of them get lost. However, there are ones that know exactly what they want. Whichever group you can relate to, we want to bring your attention to the benefits of moving to Nevada after college. The state is, of course, home of the world-famous gambling town of Las Vegas. However, it has much more to offer. Nature is also fantastic and there are many things to see. Read More
When you are a business person, there is a lot to think about. From your company’s financial status, your employees, to the new development possibilities. And when you are planning to start a new business somewhere, the task is even more complicated. But, that is a natural state of affairs. However, the most important decision you have to make when starting a new business is where to settle it down. And the choices are numerous, of course. In the search for the best, there are many aspects to consider. Think about the financial aspects of the state you want to settle your business in. Or about their foreign investment policies. Anyway, it is desirable to make good research. And we can help out there. If your choice is Saudi Arabia, especially its capital, here is a quick and helpful guide to starting a business in Riyadh. Read More