Are you getting ready for a long-distance move all the way from Las Vegas to New York City? Is that so? Now that’s a pretty firm decision, we guess. You’ve probably thought about it for a long time. Decisions like this aren’t made overnight, they don’t just pop all of a sudden. Or do they? In any case – you should be well prepared for the trip. Being the family person you are – you already know that the key to success and good management is organization. That being said you’ll need some friendly advice on the subject. Packing your stuff correctly making sure none of it gets damaged in the process is crucial. Read the article to learn how to pack like a pro. Your Las Vegas family moving to NYC without much stress should be your top priority. Stay tuned.Read More
The moving is over and the moving boxes are all around your new house. How to get rid of them? Be eco-friendly and reuse moving cardboard boxes and don’t throw them away.
We have some simple ideas on what to do with the boxes after moving is finished. Packing was one part of the process and you have packed everything, including preparing a first night box for your interstate move. After unpacking, be creative and use boxes again.
How to reuse moving cardboard boxes?
Once you have moved it is time to clean a new house and to find smart ways to use your boxes again. Be creative!
- Wrap cardboard boxes with decorative paper and use them to put gifts for your friends and family. If holidays are close, it may be a perfect way to reuse moving cardboard boxes.
- Also, wrapped boxes can be used as storage in your home. Cover them in fabric and they can be used as a decoration too. Moving boxes covered with fabric will give your home a cozy look.
- Put boxes in the garage or basement and store decorations, shoes, off-season clothing, old kids’ toys, etc.
- If you have a cat, you can make a bed for your cat and decorate it. Be extravagant and bold with decorating the cat’s bed.
- Cut cardboard and make a flower, and in the center, you can add a mirror for example. It can be used as a frame around mirrors and photos.
- Make toys for your kids, for example, a small kitchen stove. They will be happy about new toys, especially after moving to a new home.
If you don’t want to make anything from your boxes, there are other options too:
- Most cities have a local recycling program which is perfect for people that have a lot of cardboard boxes.
- Ask neighbors if they need moving boxes.
- Some moving companies are buying used moving boxes, ask around, and contact a couple of companies and sell them.
- Contact libraries, charity organizations, food banks, churches, etc. maybe they need boxes. Those community organizations often need boxes, so help them out.
Store them in a storage unit
If you don’t have time to deal with moving boxes, but you still want to keep them, you can rent a storage unit and you won’t make clutter in your home. Pack and organize your storage unit and consider storing other items than just moving boxes.
This way, you will be able to reuse moving cardboard boxes later, or if you are moving frequently, there is no question you will need them again. Choose the right size storage unit (because bigger storages cost more) and your home will have more space.
Do you need to move from state to state fast and without stress? Is it possible? It is – even when you need to move across the country – from Nevada to New York.
After making a decision if you should move to New York from NV, and deciding to move there, it is time to start with packing and organizing your relocation. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, you can still manage relocation and move successfully. Don’t worry, you only need the right guide to follow.
Tips for moving from Nevada to New York fast and simple
With some simple tricks, you will be able to move hassle-free on short notice. Even if you are moving with family across the country, it is possible to handle this long-distance relocation.
- Take inventory of your belongings and identify how much stuff you will need to take with you to NY. Don’t move everything, separate items into 3 categories, what to move, toss, and donate. When moving from Nevada to New York on short notice, you probably won’t have time to sell items.
- Start looking for apartments in NY, they are not cheap and when you find something you like, book it immediately, because it won’t stay on the market for a long period of time.
- Start packing ASAP because this will take you most of the time when moving. Don’t think a lot, just pack and ask for help to finish it faster.
- Set up utilities before a moving date – electricity, water, wi-fi, install AC, etc. It is frustrating to move into a dark and cold place after traveling all day.
- Change your mailing address, it can be easily done online. Also, cancel subscriptions if you have them.
Hire a long-distance moving company
For moving interstate, in this case to NY from NV, hire crews that can easily transport everything – from clothing to furniture. Start searching for movers immediately, especially if you are moving during the summer months. Book a reliable moving company with experience and of course, check their license before hiring them. This is one of the most important tasks to do when moving from one state to another.
Consider renting a storage unit in NY
In most cases, when people are moving quickly to another state, there is not enough time to find a place. Yes, you can stay a couple of days in B&B or in a hotel, but, where to put all your items? Don’t worry, your belongings will be safe in a storage unit, so consider renting a storage facility, big enough for all your household items.
Another advantage is that you can store items that cannot fit into your new apartment. Off-season items, decorations, bigger furniture, etc. They can all be safely stored in a self-storage in New York, and also, it is a cheaper option than renting a bigger home.
When moving state to state, there are many things to have in mind. One of those things is preparing for the first night in your new home. It will be an exciting and emotional experience. How to prepare a first night box for your interstate move and why this box is so important?
A box that will be opened first on a moving day and right after moving is called an essential moving box. Yes, it will be opened first, but it should be packed last.
Tips for preparing a first night box for your interstate move
Moving from one state to another is a long process and you probably want to move as fast as you can. Nothing is more relaxing than resting in your new home after the moving is done. But, what if you need to look for essential items for hours? This may drive you crazy. After a long and stressful moving day, you will want to take a shower, eat, and go to bed.
That is exactly why, a first night box is so important, especially if you are moving with kids. In this case, you will need to unpack their items first. It will be easier and faster if you have all those items in the same box.
Of course, because this is a first night box, pack items that will help you sleep tight.
- Pack bedding and linen
- Air mattress
- Night lamp
Nothing is more relaxing than taking a shower after traveling all day long, so pack toiletries in this box too.
- Tooth brush and paste
- Soap, shampoo, shower gel, conditioner
You must eat something, so prepare food and some kitchen essentials.
- Non-perishable food, because you will be too tired to cook everything from scratch and it is not recommended to move perishable food long-distance
- Plastic plates, cups, knife, forks, spoons.
Be prepared for a couple of days after moving when it comes to personal items, not only for the first night.
- Electronics such as phone, tablet, PC, chargers
Because it is better to be safe than sorry… The first thing to take care of is to make sure you are safe when moving interstate. You should look for trustworthy assistance but also, take some additional steps to be safer.
- First aid kit
- Scissors for box opening
If moving with kids
In case you have kids, besides items, we have listed previously, you should pack toys, some games, baby food, one new toy, books for entertainment, and other items to keep your kids happy and calm when moving cross country.
Maybe you will open your first night box for your interstate move during moving, but it is ok. Keep those items in your vehicle or in your bag if you are traveling by plane, and your kids will be satisfied.
Your car can be your biggest friend if you get the right things for it. You can make your car have a very practical use. And certain things that you can buy online allows you to do that. That is why we decided to tell you more about some of the things you should have in your car that are practical yet unusual. All these things could come in handy if you are moving from one state to another by car with your family or alone. If it is going to be a long trip, you will need these for sure.
Having a dog is great and traveling with one is even better. But if your dog didn’t get used to car rides or just simply doesn’t like them, it might be very restless when you are driving. Even if you have a dog that loves driving around, having a pet seatbelt is recommended. This will keep your pet both safe and steady during the drive. You can buy this online and the price is pretty reasonable, only $8.
A four-port car telephone charger
We all use our phones and we all know how fast the battery can run out. This is why having a charger in your car is amazing. You can charge your phone while you are driving and use it once you arrive to your location. But what if you are traveling with your friends and family and all of you need to charge your phones? This is when the four-port charger comes in handy. No matter how many of you are in the car, you are still all able to charge phones and other devices.
A DVD player
Not a lot of people use DVDs anymore but you can buy one for your car. It is one of the things you should have in your car if you have children. They come in handy when moving especially. Having one is great but having two is even better. Headphones can be attached to them and both people sitting in the back are able to watch what they want. And yes, buying DVDs is still possible. With movies, music, anything.
A safety hammer
Being safe is very important. And most feel safe inside cars. But there are certain situations which you hopefully don’t ever encounter where you will need to get out of your car in order to stay safe. But as usual, this is when a lot of things go wrong and you probably won’t be able to open the door or the window. This is why having a safety hammer is always a smart move.
A portable toilet
Not a very usual thing to have in your car but definitely a practical one. Who wouldn’t want to be able to go to the toilet wherever and whenever? The only disadvantage is that it isn’t very easily portable. But it is a good thing to have when moving cross country or traveling so you don’t have to stop at gas station toilets as we all know what they can look like.
No matter why you are moving to another place, there are a lot of things to consider. First of all, you have to know how to prepare for moving properly. The next thing is defining your moving budget, finding a company that will help you, selecting the belongings, etc. Speaking about the belongings and keeping them in one place, you should think about using the moving pod. The trick is only to find out what size of moving pod you need. By knowing it, you will not need to worry about your goods and if they are going to be transported properly or not. So, how to define the exact size you will need? Read More
Starting over in a new city is both a challenge and excitement. And while Las Vegas is surely one of the most exciting cities in the country, living here can get pretty tiring. After all, it’s perfectly normal to need a change of pace. One of the cities you might want to consider is Seattle, as it is pretty much a polar opposite to LV. Why is that and what is the plus side of moving to Seattle? Keep reading and find out! Read More