Do you need to move from state to state fast and without stress? Is it possible? It is – even when you need to move across the country – from Nevada to New York.
After making a decision if you should move to New York from NV, and deciding to move there, it is time to start with packing and organizing your relocation. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, you can still manage relocation and move successfully. Don’t worry, you only need the right guide to follow.
Tips for moving from Nevada to New York fast and simple
With some simple tricks, you will be able to move hassle-free on short notice. Even if you are moving with family across the country, it is possible to handle this long-distance relocation.
- Take inventory of your belongings and identify how much stuff you will need to take with you to NY. Don’t move everything, separate items into 3 categories, what to move, toss, and donate. When moving from Nevada to New York on short notice, you probably won’t have time to sell items.
- Start looking for apartments in NY, they are not cheap and when you find something you like, book it immediately, because it won’t stay on the market for a long period of time.
- Start packing ASAP because this will take you most of the time when moving. Don’t think a lot, just pack and ask for help to finish it faster.
- Set up utilities before a moving date – electricity, water, wi-fi, install AC, etc. It is frustrating to move into a dark and cold place after traveling all day.
- Change your mailing address, it can be easily done online. Also, cancel subscriptions if you have them.
Hire a long-distance moving company
For moving interstate, in this case to NY from NV, hire crews that can easily transport everything – from clothing to furniture. Start searching for movers immediately, especially if you are moving during the summer months. Book a reliable moving company with experience and of course, check their license before hiring them. This is one of the most important tasks to do when moving from one state to another.
Consider renting a storage unit in NY
In most cases, when people are moving quickly to another state, there is not enough time to find a place. Yes, you can stay a couple of days in B&B or in a hotel, but, where to put all your items? Don’t worry, your belongings will be safe in a storage unit, so consider renting a storage facility, big enough for all your household items.
Another advantage is that you can store items that cannot fit into your new apartment. Off-season items, decorations, bigger furniture, etc. They can all be safely stored in a self-storage in New York, and also, it is a cheaper option than renting a bigger home.