Let us guess – you woke up one morning and realized that you’re stuck. Same old job and house, same people, same neighborhood… All in all – quite the buzzkill, right? Well, the answer couldn’t be more simple – find a place packed with excitement and move there. And where can you find more adventure than the Entertainment Capital of the World. Las Vegas will be perfect for that second chance you are looking for. The only two obligations that you need to consider would be hiring the best relocation company, while also finding the ideal Las Vegas storage company.
Magic tricks on finding the ideal Las Vegas moving company
Moving is simple enough once planned out and conducted properly in an organized manner. What you always need to think of is whether your new Sin City apartment will have enough space. It is at this point that you realize that you might be in the need for a storage unit. And finding a storage company is no easy task. So why not take some free advice from professionals?
The ideal Las Vegas storage company – know the type of storage to look for
You can’t really win the game unless you know all the stakes involved. And this is why you need to get familiar with the types of storage out there:
- Self-storage. Usually considered short-term storage, and is most commonly used for storing seasonal equipment or items too large for you new place. A simple lock & key principle and you are the only one that has access. Sound simple enough – a safe bet.
- Container storage. Here we have long-term storage. How it works – you have a rep from the potentially ideal the Las Vegas storage company do a house call. They then do an inventory count to determine the size and number of containers you require. Containers are then delivered to your address by the storage company with clear instructions in regards to packing and safe-keeping. Once packed, the containers are transferred to the storage facility of your choice.
Now that you’re a bit more familiar with the possible plays, it’ll be that much easier to proceed with a strategy.
Initial stakes – comprise an ideal Las Vegas storage company list
Knowing the players can win you half the game – and this is simple Vegas math. Every search begins with a lot of background research, which is why advise that you do the same. And considering the modern technology we now have at our disposal, there are several methods:
- First-hand insight. It never hurts to go about asking friends and family members for advice. It’s always a safer bet when you have a company someone you know can vouch for than hiring a brand new company you know nothing about.
- Online research. The Web is considered the widest database of information today – so it’s only logical that you focus your search using it as a tool. In addition to the amount of information you can find, you can also find feedback and reviews from other players. Who better than others that were in your shoes to offer sound advice.
- Real-estate agencies. In case you are already hiring them to find you that ideal apartment, why not inquire about the ideal Las Vegas storage company along the way. And even though they have a deal with “the house”, they just might help you win some hands.
- Relocation companies. Moving companies which offer storage services as well are not that rare. And even if they don’t, most of them can provide reliable recommendations.
Gambling for the ideal Las Vegas storage company – follow or fold
By now you should probably have a list of potential storage companies for your relocation to the Gambling Capital of the World. So how do you go about calling some of them out from the list? Well, easy enough if you follow the following steps:
- Background checks are a MUST. The Silver City is not that naive – competition is large and fraudulent companies lurk everywhere. Always visit the storage facility website (if one exists) and verify the license and validity of the company before even considering going all in with them.
- Check any reviews or comments about the storage company. If none are available, caution is highly advised. These are typical markers of either young and inexperienced companies or companies which have something to hide. No matter the game-play, the rule is fixed – as long as there are reviews, there is material to work with.
- Check for any records of complaints. Start from the Better Business Bureau and search for the company in question. Then read up on any articles or news involving the storage place. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to contact the local police department and check whether there were any past incidents or reports involving the storage company or their facilities.
Ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth in regards to services
So you’ve called out the fraudulent Las Vegas storage facilities that were attempting to bluff – good. Now comes the hard part. If you’ve rented storage before, you have some idea what to expect. In case this is your first time playing the game, then you might want to consider the following:
- Investment vs. potential gain. Most storage facilities have a fixed cost for the services they offer, which can provide you with a general idea of the price you are going to pay. This can help you spot abnormally costly or conveniently cheap Las Vegas storage companies.
- Securing fall-back insurance. Insurance is simply a must-have when when it comes to valuable items. We are talking here about your things here, so all steps need to be taken to ensure the safety of those same items.
- Extra stakes. Go through the contract offered to you and make sure that there are no additional costs to surprise you. In most cases, these would be determined by weight, size or accessibility so pay close attention to those factors.
- Storage accessibility. Your ideal Las Vegas storage company needs to be close-by. Another factor is the working hours of the facility in question, as you might want to always be able to access the things you’ve got tucked away.
Going all in and making the decision
Bear in mind that all of this can be verified over the phone. However, we would highly recommend taking the time to go and personally visit the facility before making any decisions to ensure that win you want. This gives you a chance to see who you are dealing with. Also, you will get an opportunity to re-visit any potentially confusing terms and requests. So go out there and win the services of the ideal Las Vegas storage company for your needs! And once you do, it’ll be smooth sailing.